Case Study 4
knee pain: 59 yr old female
Documented by Randy E. Moore RDMS RMSK
Patient: 59 yr/old female with chronic knee pain post partial knee replacement. Patient is very active and an avid swimmer. Her pain is getting in the way of enjoying these activities.
Exam: Comprehensive Knee Imaging including ultrasound was performed.
- Post surgical calcific enthesophyte of the quadriceps tendon
- Medial and lateral meniscus irregularity/tear
- Proximal Patellar tendinosis with partial thickness tear
- Hoffa’s Fat Pad depletion
Treatment: 1.0cc BioRenew® PTM™ Therapy, PX50™
4 Month Follow-up: Patient reported 90% overall improvement and is very happy with her results. Her pain has dropped significantly and she has a greater range of motion allowing for more activity.
- Supra-patellar image demonstrates notable decrease size in a quadriceps tendon calcification.
- Infra-patellar tendon images show demonstrable increased fibrous echotexture of the patellar tendon at its inferior pole insertion suggesting tendon remodeling.
- Medial meniscus images suggest increased fibro-cartilage substance/ echodensity; suggesting meniscal remodeling.
images demonstrating notable change in treated tissue
106 day post-treatment
Images of the Infra-Patellar tendon enthesis showing demonstrable increase in fibrous echo-texture of the patellar tendon at its inferior pole insertion.
90 days post-treatment
Images of the right Medial Meniscus which suggests increased fibro-cartilage substance/echodensity.